Sunday, December 9, 2012

Change of Plans



Plan A:  Up and early, dressed in your Sunday best and pile into the car for an Icelandic Christmas celebration at the decked out Swedish Institute.  

Plan B:  Light a fire, pull out the sleds and snow pants, slow down and enjoy the first true sight of Winter.

More often than not, Minnesota looks like a picture postcard of winter by November.  This year we've been enjoying and lamenting (we're a confused bunch) the warm, dry, unusual season.  Here was my drive to work a few days ago:

And here we are today. . .


HOORAY!

5 comments:

Guinifer said...

Merry Christmas!

wildtomato said...

Just in time! Knitting by the fire would be my top thing to do if I lived in a snowy area.

The trunk show was good! If I ever do one again, I have a lot of things I'd change. For one, I'd put a sign up so people know what the heck I'm doing out in the cold with a table full of knitwear!

Linda said...

Beautiful winter photos! Are those raccoon prints in the snow? Lil buggers!

Caroline said...

Awww! Your pictures really make me miss real winters...at least, for a week or two. I chuckled when I read you comment on my blog because guess what I just did....unraveled those mitts and started a cowl. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Rani said...

Now that you mention it, they do look like raccoon prints. They were very small, though, so I'm thinking squirrel.