Sunday, February 3, 2013

Spring Fever Strikes Midwest Woman Down

I'm not sure if I should be admitting this all out loud on my blog but I have been self-medicating my spring fever with an overdose of spring planning that includes but is not limited to worm farms, rabbit fencing and chicken coops.  This is not my coop - just a dream coop.
Gorgeous coop from Backyard Chickens
The chicken thing is stewing on a back burner because despite the fact that New York City, Minneapolis and St. Paul allow backyard chickens, my little rural township does not.  I'm not sure if I will fight this one at city hall and call attention to my soon to be illegal flock of hens, or if I should quietly practice civil disobedience and risk getting by with a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.  Any advice?

Between obsession-fests, I crocheted a Valentine bunting.  I suppose that would also fall under "My Obsessions" catogory.  Here in the U.S. a bunting is something we make for babies to wear.  This is not a diaper cover but a party flag thingy.  Do we have a word for that?


Anyway, it is surprisingly quick and easy and cute and silly and a perfect time waster.  I was inspired by THIS and found a tutorial HERE.

Gotta go.  A seed catalog is calling my name.

4 comments:

livnletlrn said...

Is it wrong for me to admit that I would like to live in that chicken coop?

livnletlrn said...

p.s. That bunting could not be sweeter.

Caroline said...

Ha,ha, at first, I was thinking, "Why isn't there snow on her chicken coop." I dream of having chickens and a nice coop too, but I'm afraid my neighbors wouldn't be too happy with me.

I love the bunting too!

Erica said...

I feel your cabin fever from here, oh wait, that might be my own... ;) I love your bunting - it's so light and cheerful. Might have to make a copy... Maybe in green for St. Patty's Day!